2019 WANA ELECTIONS
WANA ballots were counted recently by Board member Tracy Dubay and ED JoAnn Kaiser. Out of 789 active members who received ballots, 151 completed ballots were returned, or about 19%. Here are the results with those newly elected:
- Vice President: Jacqueline "Jackie" Bates = 144 votes
- Treasurer: Christian Schmalz = 138 votes
- Board of Directors (3 openings replacing Melissa Hudson, Jackie Bates, and Aaron Eastman whose terms end 10/12/19).
- Emily Matheson = 107 votes
- Amy Hacker = 97 votes
- Ebony McNeal = 92 votes
- Melissa Hudson for Nominating Committee Chair = 133 votes.
- Jonathan Alvarado had 85 votes so will not be serving as a Board of Directors, but hopefully will stay involved with his work on the Communications, PR and CE Committees with Jeff Follis for next spring.
On behalf of the current Board of Directors, appreciation is expressed for all who ran for office. We look forward to working with new faces on the board and those who are returning, and hope those who ran and did not get elected will remain active on a committee(s) or perhaps consider helping to coordinate a future educational conference. Please keep the board and I informed of your current interests!