2019 WANA ELECTIONS
WANA ballots were counted recently by Board member Tracy Dubay and ED JoAnn Kaiser. Out of 789 active members who received ballots, 151 completed ballots were returned, or about 19%. Here are the results with those newly elected:
- Vice President: Jacqueline "Jackie" Bates = 144 votes
- Treasurer: Christian Schmalz = 138 votes
- Board of Directors (3 openings replacing Melissa Hudson, Jackie Bates, and Aaron Eastman whose terms end 10/12/19).
- Emily Matheson = 107 votes
- Amy Hacker = 97 votes
- Ebony McNeal = 92 votes
- Melissa Hudson for Nominating Committee Chair = 133 votes.
- Jonathan Alvarado had 85 votes so will not be serving as a Board of Directors, but hopefully will stay involved with his work on the Communications, PR and CE Committees with Jeff Follis for next spring.
On behalf of the current Board of Directors, appreciation is expressed for all who ran for office. We look forward to working with new faces on the board and those who are returning, and hope those who ran and did not get elected will remain active on a committee(s) or perhaps consider helping to coordinate a future educational conference. Please keep the board and I informed of your current interests!
Of note is that the term for newly elected board members officially begins on Saturday, October 12, at the Fall business meeting. President Jeff Follis, board members Melissa Hudson, Aaron Eastman and Tracy Dubay are still on the board until that time and may register for the Fall conference as a board member (tuition waived). Newly elected board members, Christian, Emily, Amy and Ebony are invited to attend the Friday, October 11, 10 AM board meeting to observe, although you will not be allowed to vote. Meeting tuition will be waived for you starting with the 2020 spring conference, so you need to register for the Fall conference as a member and pay the member tuition rate.
I hope to see you all at the Fall conference, Oct 11-13, at the beautiful historic Davenport Hotel!